Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

Perfect party pieces for the festive frivolities!

I'm trying not to misbehave too much spending-wise for the next few months, and I have pretty much all of my festive outfits sorted already. It doesn't stop me appreciating some of the amazing things that are appearing in the plus size fashion world though, so I thought I'd do a special party outfit post in case any of you guys need some inspiration!

First up is a dress that New look bring out every year at about this time. They normally have it in a couple of colours, and the first year it came out I got it in black to wear on New Years Eve. £22.99 bargain!

This is my lovely dress - I completely fell in love with it. I had the red version for a while too (before I sold it after realising that having the same dress in 2 colours when I have nearly 100 dresses is just insane!).

I highly recommend this dress - it's shiny, low cut, nips in the waist while the pleats cover the belly, it's short, it's stretchy, cheap and makes my tit's look like torpedoes! Everything I want is a sexy little black dress.
 Sticking with the cheap and cheerful is this bang on trend stud colour block dress from forever 21+. It's body-con and is under £20.
I also like this dress from forever 21+ because it is so very girly. It is sparkly and a-line making it look cute and innocent, but the nude colour just makes it feel a bit naked which I always think is super sexy. £22.75.
Love this £35 dress from Queen of Holloway. Not sure I need to sell this one - it's clearly amazing!
What a saucy little number from Asos! In the sale for £31.50.

I really like this dress, I think it's simple but the detailing make it a bit unusual. AX curve via New look £38.
I think this dress from Very 'So Fabulous' would be really good for a smart work party. It's structured but is still smart and sexy. I think it's a ball buster dress! £39.
This Ruby's Closet dress from the new look website would look super sexy on. It's got the ruching that you get on much more expensive dresses (like the ones you'll see further down) but it's only £42.
I like the print on this dress. A frock for a cool girl I think! Simply be £55.
This is a rock chic dress if I ever saw one! Personally PU makes me sweat just looking at it, but if you can hack it then I reckon this would be a winner! Simply be £55.
I want this dress for myself. I've loved these floaty swing dresses ever since I was a little girl, and this one is prefect to me. Nude with lovely Tim Burton-esque black spindly flowers. I'm having this if it goes on sale! Asos £65.
The prices are going up now! I adore flapper style dresses, and this one looks amazing in the pictures. I'd like to see it on a regular plus size gal! Simply be £85.
Again - Flapper! I think I like the black version of this best, but this model is so lovely I wanted to use this picture! Simply Be £88.
There are no words for how hot these Kiyonna Betsy dresses are. I have this in black and it's my work Christmas party dress this year. Pricey, but worth it! The ruching looks fabulous, and I do so love red dresses. £105 from Curvety.
Another Kiyonna dress from Curvety. The boudoir lace dress is one that has been on my wish list for ages. I love the deep neckline and mocha colouring! £108.
 Stepping up another price notch, here is one of the current Anna Scholz dresses that I'm coveting. Jersey gathered panel dress in dark forest print. Look at it for gods sake! Utterly delicious. £259.
Do you have more money than sense?! This Roberto Cavalli dress (via Navabi) might be for you then! If I were going to a very cool party (at a modern art gallery for example!) then this would be the dress I'd want to wear. It's so friggin' cool. If only my bank balance could cope with the £392 price tag!
This is the dress of my dreams. Anna Scholz again, double silk corset dress in Galaxy print. At £395 I think it's fair to say that this will never be mine. Even if it goes on sale I think it would still be out of my reach, but a girl can dream!
For those of you who may be thinking 'I don't wear dresses', then there are a few items I'm loving. These forever 21+ trousers are epic. You'd certainly get noticed in these!  £19.75.
I'd want something fairly plain and simple with such loud trousers, but for parties I'd want a bit of sparkle. Loving this top from New Look for £19.99!
Last but certainly not least is this glitter-tastic top from ASOS Curve (£35). It would look amazing with trousers or a skirt, and I'm fairly sure that nobody could out-shine you if you were wearing this!

There you have it. My suggestions for top-notch festive party outfits!

P's, if you like any of the brands that New Look inspire sells, make sure to check the ebay shop 'my pretty plus' because they sell the same stuff for half the price! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment