Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Working Girl


I do like a bit of 80's flavour now again when it comes to clothing, and I have fond memories of movies full of shoulder pads and pixie boots that I loved when I was younger.

Working Girl was one of my favourites.......
... although even as a child I thought the massive hair & all the way to the eyebrow makeup was ridiculous!
 So anyway this vintage 80's dress makes me feel like a bit of a working girl. I love the colour.
It has big shoulder pads and batwing sleeves. I love the colour more than anything else though.
Probably not hard to work out that I put in the orange panel (what a fabulous seamstress I am!) when this arrived via ebay and was super tight on my belly / thighs. I wasn't going to give it up because I love it, so I just made it fit!
 Earrings - Forever 21
Dress - Vintage via ebay
Belt - primark
Leggings - H&M (standard range XL - love them!)
Booties - Primark

I also quite like it when the tops undone, but it's so piggin' cold again that I'm glad of the high neck & double layers! I really didn't want to wear my little pixi boots with this but it is still to cold for courts, and I have to walk around lots today so no heels allowed. One day my diva posts will be able to include nice shoes!
thought some big earrings were in order today.

2 comments: