Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Friday ootd, preppy goes military

I have been wanting to wear this vintage Evans dress on the blog for so long (I feel odd referring to things from the early 90's as vintage, but that's cause I'm old!), and I've been waiting for it to be warm enough to wear this little jacket. Today I gave up waiting and just wore it with a coat over the top!
This is a fitted midi length shirt dress form back-in-the-day Evans. Classic!
The blazer is an old Primark one. Nice and stretchy. It may sound odd but I really wanted a tiny blazer. I often find blazers in my size to be too big and boxy (particularly if I wear them undone!), so i wanted something undersized because I think they look good with midi / maxi dresses! They actually have some nice stretch blazers in Primark at the moment. Nearly bough a nude one when I went to get some leggings yesterday (currently wearing!) but got a hold of myself before spending more money than I'd intended!
I guess I think of this as a military style dress because of all the buttons and the pockets. Not sure anyone else would describe it as military but it's the closest I get okay?!
If I was wearing this at home (not going into work) I'd wear heels, but until the summer holidays when my journey is easier I cannot cope with heels - I could wear comfy shoes and then change at work but I really really can't be bothered with that kind of thing!
I forget this morning to take pictures with the blazer done up, so I took some at work.
SPREAD 'EM PUNK!
Jacket - Primark (old)
Dress - Vintage Evans
Legging - primark
Shoes - New look

I love my new shoes boots, I missed out on them in the online New Look sale as they didn't have my size, but when i went to collect my order in-store I found them... last pair, proper size 7, real suede, £12! Happy Parsnip!
 Old Dior earrings which I totally love. I have quite a few pairs of Dior earrings from my designer-love years. One side has keys on, the other has a star with a piercing & I still love them after all these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment