Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

OMG OMG OMG!

My 2 new dresses from Queen of Holloway arrived today, and I am so bloody excited!

As you can see this first dress is super tight on my waist (well, the bit above my belly, which I call my waist!). It's supposed to be a size 24 (4XL) but it's much smaller than normal QOH dresses - still generous on the bust though....

The thing is I feel like a little sex siren in this dress, and as it's a good length so I'm considering folding and sewing it under the bust to raise the wider section of the skirt up to my waist - I need to shorten the halter strap too, or I'd be in danger of showing my boobs to everyone! What do you think ladies? I's it worth me customising or should I just sell it?! Returns aren't really an option as they come from China!

Now on to something a little more classy!
HOW FUCKING AMAZING IS THIS DRESS?!

 Oh my god I was excited when this arrived on the site, but I was in RAPTURES when I tried it on!
It's such a good fit - size 24 / 4XL and is quite generous and more stretchy than anything I've had from QOH before. I am so in love!

I have nothing else to say, I'm just going to sit and stare at it for a while!

Queen of Holloway website is a bitch to navigate so the red polka dot dress is here, the black striped dress is here xx

6 comments:

  1. I dont care for halters but that stripe number is very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I sold the halter in the end, didn't think I'd be able to do a good enough sewing job to be worth it!

      Delete
  2. I say cutomise it. It looks amazing on you.
    I love the black striped dress too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly! I actually sold it in the end becuase I'm just too shit at sewing to make it right :(

      Delete
  3. I am catching up on your blog posts! So many great outfits but I have to say that stripey dress is beyond amazing! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! Coming for one of my personal favorite bloggers that means a lot! xx

      Delete