Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Colours & textures!

 I couldn't resist Lauren's blogger & Simply Be collaboration dress when I saw it for £23.50 on Crazy Clearance. You've seen it on loads of people, but here are my thoughts...
 I tried the 22 originally, but I sized up to the 24 - not because the 22 was too tight, but it was tight enough across my bust to make the dress a little shorter than I wanted, and I knew I'd be pulling down constantly. The 24 is more roomy and a much better length for me. I LOVE the fabric used for this, it's a sort of ponte so is thick & firm, but still stretchy. I don't need to tell you that the print is super cute do I? Yellow Ice cream cones - totally ace!
 This dress is almost perfect, the only criticism I have is that the flap on the inside of the neckline keeps popping out. I might have to sew it down somehow, but to be honest it's not a big deal, it doesn't look awful or anything, it just means you can't see as much of my boobs (and I like to get them right out in the open you know?!). I should also mention that the flash makes the dress look much more neon than it actually is. It's less lurid in real life and is a lovely bright pink without the eye watering glare my camera gives it! Get your bums over to Crazy Clearance and pick one up for yourself... they have Em's beautiful Peacock dress on there too, also £23.50!

 As I said in my previous post, I am OBSESSED with velvet at the moment! I saw this dress on crazy clearance for a measly £9 and I thought I might as well try it! They seem to have upped the price to £15 since I bought it, but that's still pretty cheap.
 I like it! It's chocolate brown, soft, super stretchy and has pockets. It's size 24 and for £9 it's a damn bargain!
It's shorter in real life than on the site, but my plan was to sew up the dress a bit to make it more fitted at the bottom of the skirt. I'm not sure I'll bother now I know it's not a midi! I will certainly wear this in December & I will definitely wear a better bra with it in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment