Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Friday feeling

Okay so technically it's Saturday, but I didn't have time to write a post last night because I was doing some very important Terry's chocolate orange taste tests! Yesterday I wore my newest vintage piece...
I saw this dress on ebay and just thought it had so much potential. I got this for £3.20..... I mean come on! What a damn bargain! It's a John Neville size 26 but the seller very sensibly advertised it as a 24 what with the vintage sizing. I think it's a great size, it feels like a size 24 to me and it's nice to have a bit of room in it!
 Originally the dress had these sequin leaves around the neck, but when I tried it on it really dated the dress.
I took off the decorations..... very carefully 'cause I will totally sew them on to something else or turn them into brooches or something, they're really pretty but I just didn't like them on this dress! Look at the colour of this beauty, it's luminous! It has a blue/grey stretch lining with a chiffon overlay and is such a good length on me.
It's got a little opening at the back and you can see the lining underneath which is an unusual touch. Basically I love this dress.
As with some of my other ott dresses I like to dress them down a bit for work if it's just a regular day, so I diffused my hair to make it scruffy, wore my tan Chelsea boots, faux leather biker jacket and my new diamonte cuff. I've mentioned before that I sometimes struggle with proper bracelets when I'm working because they get in the way during my office days, but cuffs are perfect for me. Flexibility is good!
Jacket 24 - New Look Inspire (similar here)
Dress 26 - Vintage via ebay
Diamonte cuff - H&M
Boots - Primark

I've got a sponsored review coming up soon, and I've also ordered some shoes / boots from the new look sale, as well as some clothing from Dorothy Perkins (took advantage of some great discount codes & free postage!). When I get all my goodies I'll be back with some (hopefully) joyful reviews... hopefully everything will arrive on Monday so there is still time to get some of the sale items!


No comments:

Post a Comment