Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Caged wisdom

It's been AGES since I bought anything from Asos Curve. It's not that I don't like anything on the site, it's just that everything I like is oddly expensive and as Asos is my go-to shop for reasonably priced trendy clothes, I've just been adding stuff to my wish list & waiting for a sale rather than putting them in my basket. then I saw this, and it was £30 and I was like CAGE!
 I'm not gonna lie, this dress is not great. The arms are ace... proper ace, but the body of the dress is just a bit meh! It's a bit shapeless and sack-like.
 Stupid camera, stupid auto focus! Anyway.... The body of the dress is just thin and cheap jersey, a bit like a silky t-shirt so it doesn't fall in a particularly great way, and it clings to my bumps a bit, and it doesn't really work very well with a belt (or at least it hasn't with any of the many belts I tried with it!). You won't hear me say this often, but I think this would have worked better in a non-stretch fabric with a nice drape! I got the size 24 and it's probably good I did because although it's big on my body it's quite fitted on the arms.
I'm totally keeping this because I love the sleeves so much, but I'm sort of thinking I might wear it with a skirt (as a top) more than as a dress? Either way, it's pretty cool and I think lots of you would look great in it!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great dress and you look really pretty in it.
    The sleeves are to die for and that would get me to buy it just on that factor.
    I would try a great belt with it before you turn it into a shirt.
    Anyway, it is really cute,

    ReplyDelete