Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

Wardrobe weekly

Monday
 Quite a few trees were maimed by the crazy winds down my way after the (English come-on-it's-not-exactly-the-end-of-the-world version of a) storm on Sunday, so I thought it might be sensible to wear trousers. It took me AGES to get to work but the sun was shining and for once, I didn't let it bother me!
 I really love my thin primark jumpers. They have become a wardrobe staple! I've really grown to love my black chino's too, I hope they can survive the friction between m y thighs for a long time to come!
Jumper 20 - Primark
Chinos 24 - Yours Clothing
Shoes - Brako via TKmaxx

Tuesday
 I didn't mean to dress like an extra from Reality bites, but as soon as I put this coat on I was like shit, I need a sash belt for this 'cause it looks odd with a midi! Didn't have time to sort it out or change so I got over it.
 Hopefully the outfit makes more sense without the coat! This is one of the granny skirts I got from our charity shop spree. Love it.
Jumper 20 - Primark
Skirt 20 - Charity shop
leggings XL - H&M
booties - Primark

Wednesday
 Wednesday was the night of the Simply Be / Gok Wan drinks party, so I just had to wear my lovely stripped dress. This is Per Una's yearly awesome dress. So comfy and so cool.
 Lets face it, this event wasn't really about Goks undies, it was just a way for simply be to meet some bloggers and for us to hang out together. Getting a photo with Gok was a nice bonus! Look at my awesome acting in this picture taken by (& stolen from) Megan Faye... I've seen all these undies before, but you gotta give good face on these occasions yeah?!
 Another picture stolen from Meg with me (no missing the expanse of white stripes eh?!) the lovely Becky and the dastardly duo Leah & Nikki, who had me in stitches for most of the night!
I talked to Gok about food.... I knew I would, because I loved his program and he inspired me to get a wok (a real one that I seasoned!) and learn how to make pot sticker dumplings! He was lovely, I was sweaty. 

Thursday HALLOWEENNNNN!
 I just wanted to take my new George dress out for a spin on Thursday.... I properly LOVE it! I've had to pin the v-neck because it's a bit loose (probably because this is really a size bigger than I needed!) but I forgot to take my fangs to work! God damn it, I had to eat our fiendish fancies fang-less :(

Dress 24 - Barbara Hulaniki for George
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Vintage
 It's been a few years since I went to a full-on Halloween party but I thought I'd show you my fangs. I have two pairs of Scarecrow fangs; these natural coloured ones and a pair of gold ones (too cool!).
Scarecrow fangs are custom fit and are pretty easy to use... mix up the putty using the instructions, put the putty in the fang and then put the fang on the tooth and leave it to set. You can then pop them on and off at will. They have such good staying power and look / feel quite natural. I can talk in these really easily!
 Happy Halloween dudes!

Friday
 My 3 favourite beauty products at the moment are all from MUA and are joyously cheap!
 Coral cutie blusher
 Undress your skin highlighter.
Power pout in Justify.
 Dress 22 - Asos Curve
Leggings 20 - Primark
Boots - Primark

Saturday
 Off I went to Plus London on Saturday.
 Lovely day, lovely people!
 Could you be, the most beautiful dress in the world?! I think so!

Dress 22 - Per Una Speziale
Clutch Bag - Maison Martain Margiela for H&M
boots - Old ones from ebay... can't remember the brand!
 
Off to the fancy dress birthday party.....
Dress 24 - vintage via ebay
Devil tights - Evans (binned!)
Shoes - New look
 
Sunday 

Spent in bed!

3 comments:

  1. It was so lovely to meet you and you look fab in all of these. The fangs are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the way that you've inspired me to look at collections I wouldn't otherwise bother with. BTW, I found an article mentioning Evans in a 60s womans magazine, which you might be interested in: http://www.gypsycreams.org/2013/11/evans/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fab to meet you and OMG that Per Una dress is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete